Today, I’m happy to announce we have our FIRST guest post by the wonderful Meka. Meka will be sharing with you some GREAT tips on how to get started making extra money by doing surveys online!
With the price of gas and other necessities rising, more and more people are trying to stretch their dollars and bring in extra income in this shaky economy where jobs are hard to come by, people are becoming unemployed, and budgets are tight. If you are someone who could use some extra income each month, you could try telling companies what you think about their products through paid online surveys.
The process is fairly simple. First, you sign up with legitimate survey companies. Once you have signed up to a few survey companies, free of charge, you fill out your profile survey(s). You will be asked general questions about your age, income, work industry, hobbies, shopping tendencies, health, and so on. The information that you supply through these initial surveys will be used by the survey company to send you paid survey opportunities that match your profile.
In most cases, you are notified of new survey opportunities via email. In each email, you’ll usually be informed about the following: length of survey, survey topic, and reward for completing the survey. You will also be supplied with a link to access the survey.
Once you are taken to the survey, you will answer pre-qualification questions to make sure that you qualify to complete the entire survey. Based on the answers you give during this part of the survey, you will either disqualify for the survey or continue on to complete the survey. Upon successful completion, the survey is completed and you earn your reward.
Now there are a few things you need to understand about this opportunity.
1. In order to make real money taking surveys, you need to sign up with legitimate survey companies that pay cash. Many of them don’t actually offer monetary rewards but some of them do.
2. It’s not a big money maker. Surveys can pay anywhere from 50 cents to $100 or more but a majority of the surveys you will get will pay $1-$5. This may not sound bad either if you are under the assumption that you can take a bunch of surveys each day but remember, these surveys take time (10-30 minutes average) and you won’t qualify for every survey you take. If you have the time and energy to take surveys on a regular basis and use tips to increase your paid survey earnings, you could manage to pull off more than $100 a month taking surveys but if you’re like most people, who don’t have that much free time to spare, your earnings will be nominal.
3. Paid survey scams exist, so be careful. Not all survey sites will pay you like they promise, keep your information safe, and charge you nothing for taking surveys. To avoid bad survey sites, it’s best to stick with free survey sites and research any company you are interested in joining.
If you are interested in taking paid online surveys to earn cash, then make sure that you do the following to ensure that you are paid for your time.
1. Sign up to legitimate survey companies
If a survey site is legitimate and true to their words, you shouldn’t have to worry when it comes time to get paid. They will pay you. On the other hand, if the site isn’t legit, you won’t get paid and could possibly lose your own money. Do vigilant research and make sure that you never pay money to take surveys. Find reputable survey sites that:
- Are known to pay their members
- Have positive ratings and reviews
- Are established
- Are free to join
2. Understand the reward program
Take a look at the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (FAQs) page or ‘rewards’ page on the survey company’s website. These pages will inform users about how payments are handled, which reward options are available, requirements for a payout, and the estimated time it takes to process and send payments.
Pay special attention to how they reward members (you want to look for cash options such as check and PayPal), how much you need to earn to qualify for a payment (often, you will need to earn a certain amount of points or cash to be able to withdraw your earnings and get paid), and how long it takes to get paid (that way you will know when to expect a payment from the company).
3. Use accurate information
When entering your details, during registration or while taking surveys, make sure that you are as honest as possible. Survey companies rely on the information you give them to send out relevant surveys, send payments, and contact you. They also take measures to ensure you are paying attention to survey questions and answering them consistently. If you use accurate information and answer all surveys genuinely, you will get paid as long as you meet the payout requirements.
Author Bio: Meka, a stay at home mom, made her very first dime online by taking free paid surveys. To discover the top free paid survey sites and get free insightful tips on becoming a successful survey taker, visit http://SurveysNCash.com
Don’t forget to check out my list of my favorite paid survey sites that I personally use!